Friday, March 6, 2015

Mount Shasta Retreat Experiences: Vision Under the Full Moon

mount shasta retreat experiences
(c) Loree Johnson, www.loreejohnson.com


Last night, there was a beautiful full moon illuminating Mount Shasta.  I was inspired to share an experience I had more than 300 full moons ago.


Back in 1986, I was living in Encinitas, a yogi/surfer oasis near San Diego.  I was earning enough to stay afloat coaching tennis and spending lots of time at the beach.

That August, I made my annual pilgrimage to Mount Shasta.  I wasn’t particularly looking for a vision for the future; I was very content with my life as it was.

I’d been camping for a few nights camping in my favorite spot on this Earth, Southgate (formerly known as Squaw) Meadow.  Then the full moon arrived.

The already-sky-high energy was amped up quite a bit the night of the full moon.  After staying up quite late, I finally went to sleep.  

A couple hours later, I was awakened by the moonlight streaming through the window of my tent.  I went outside to behold its radiance.

As I stood basking in the moonlight, a full blown vision flooded my consciousness.  I saw and felt myself living in Washington DC, running a nonprofit using sports to help kids develop in body, mind, and spirit.  Many details of this work were shown to me.

Before that, I had never had any particular interest in working with kids.  And, I certainly hadn’t been thinking of giving up my leisurely life in Encinitas for the pressure cooker of Washington, DC.

But, this vision was way too compelling to ignore.  It took me a couple years, but I did move back to Washington, DC and started the Joy of Sports Foundation, which eventually served more than 50,000 children.

If you’re at a place in your life where you’re ready for a next step and not clear what it is, consider coming to Mount Shasta.  The veils between the physical world and the unseen dimensions are very thin here.

Don’t worry if you’re not a camper or even much of a hiker.  Just find yourself a peaceful spot with a view of the summit, sit quietly, and imagine a movie screen in front of you.  Ask to be shown a highlight film of your life on a particular future.  Then, just relax and be open to what comes.

If the screen is blank, you are being invited to be in the Mystery.  If it’s for highest good to receive a clear vision, as it apparently was for me back in ’86, you will be shown whatever you need to see.

Andrew Oser has been offering spiritual life coaching, along with guided retreats on Mount Shasta since 1982.   Through hikes to little-known sacred sites, guided meditations, spiritual life coaching, and time drinking in the silence of the mountain, he helps clients to deeply renew themselves in body, mind, and spirit and receive clear vision for their lives. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment