Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Mount Shasta Experiences: Full Moon Adventure at Ascension Rock


Mount Shasta Experiences
(c) Bob Small, www.smallshots.com

Last Friday night, a friend and I were inspired to go for a hike up on Mount Shasta in the light of the full moon.  Our destination was Ascension Rock, one of my favorite spots on the mountain.

It was cloudy and quite cold when we started our journey.  We couldn’t see the moonrise.  But, even with the clouds, the moon provided enough light for us to hike without flashlights.

When we got to Ascension Rock, the moon was still hiding.  So, with no outer show being offered, we turned our focus within.  

Ascension Rock is an awesome spot to meditate.  Somehow, it always seems that the silent stillness is amplified there.  To me, it’s way easier to disregard my mind and drop into the Presence there than in other places.

After a while, every breath had the taste of nectar.  I sat there for a long time drinking it in, grateful to remember how simple it truly is to come home.

Then, the moon finally revealed herself.  I opened my eyes and behold the glory of God.  The moonlight seemed more intense than ever before.  It was imbued with an energy of pure love.

My friend and I stood on the rocks, bathing in the moonlight.  Then we noticed that the mountain, which also had been hiding behind the clouds, was now visible.  What a moment to be sitting on Ascension Rock, gazing upon the moonlit mountain!

When I came down from the mountain and went into my house, the energy was just as strong.  That which the mountain and the moon had activated was pulsating inside of me.  I sat for hours, my heart bursting with gratitude for the gifts so abundantly given.

Andrew Oser has been offering  guided retreats on Mount Shasta since 1982.   Through hikes to little-known sacred sites, guided meditations, spiritual life coaching, and time drinking in the silence of the mountain, he helps clients to deeply renew themselves in body, mind, and spirit and receive clear vision for their lives.  Andrew also offers spiritual life coaching by phone and Skype. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment