Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Is Mount Shasta God?

spiritual life coaching
photo by Margaret Kunzler


I realize that God is always present everywhere.  But, it sure does seem like his/her Presence is greatly amplified on Mount Shasta.

For me, and many others, Mount Shasta, more than any place on this earth, symbolizes and reflects God/Self/I AM.

 Looking at the mountain or spending time sitting or walking on its slopes awakens me from whatever dream of separation I may have been having and brings me back into the joy of the present.

I’m privileged to guide people with many different spiritual beliefs on journeys on Mount Shasta.  I marvel at how the mountain reflects God to each of them in the way they can best relate to.

Christians often experience feeler closer to Jesus.  Hindus may see visions of Krishna.  Folks who are deeply aligned with the Leumurian energies often experience going into the 5th dimensional city of Telos.

Just yesterday, I experienced once again how the Mount Shasta's reflection magically morphs to best serve me where I am.

My father died when I was five so I learned how to get by without paternal love and support.  My mother was very present for me, so I came to rely on her love.  Not surprisingly, when I began to awaken as an adult, I related to God primarily as Divine Mother.

Recently, I have been feeling waves of longing for Father’s Love.  

Yesterday, I followed my own advice and took a Sabbath day.  I hiked up the mountain just a bit and found a nice shady spot with a full-on view of the summit.  As I behold that majestic site, I felt a powerful wave of Father’s Love.  The mountain became the father I was longing for.

As I basked in his love, my heart opened wide.  The layers of insulation formed to protect me from the pain of missing my human father melted away.  

As I savored the delicious flavor of Father’s Love, I knew that it lived inside of me.  I felt incredible gratitude and then a deep sense of contentment.  There was no longer any separation between me and Father, between me and Mount Shasta.  I remembered once again that I AM.
 

Andrew Oser has been offering  guided retreats on Mount Shasta since 1982.   Through hikes to little-known sacred sites, guided meditations, spiritual life coaching, and time drinking in the silence of the mountain, he helps clients to deeply renew themselves in body, mind, and spirit and receive clear vision for their lives.  Andrew also offers spiritual life coaching by phone and Skype.   

No comments:

Post a Comment