Monday, February 16, 2015

Mount Shasta: Valentine's Day with my True Love




I woke up Valentine’s Day morning and, went right to my living room window.  My heart stirred as I gazed at the magnificence of Mount Shasta once again.   I felt a strong desire to have an intimate visit on this day to celebrate love.

After lunch, I drove up to a trailhead around 6500 feet.  What a blessing to be able to drive 15 minutes from my home and be high up on Mount Shasta!

I strapped on my snowhoes and walked through the slushy snow to Ascension Rock, one of the most powerful sacred sites on the mountain.  I greeted the rock with a hug and my mind stopped.  Immediately, I tasted deeper stillness than I had for a while.  I sat for about an hour and drank it in.

Then, I snowshoed over to Sand Flat, a bit more than a mile away.  Sand Flat offers a full view of the summit and higher areas of Mount Shasta.  It’s a wonderful spot to sit and bask in her majestic  presence.


After an hour or so at Sand Flat, I headed back to my car.  I felt much more deeply present than I had just a couple hours ago.  My heart was wide open.  Once again, I had been transformed by the pure love Mount Shasta so freely offers.

Andrew Oser has been offering spiritual life coaching, along with guided retreats on Mount Shasta since 1982.   Through hikes to little-known sacred sites, guided meditations, spiritual life coaching, and time drinking in the silence of the mountain, he helps clients to deeply renew themselves in body, mind, and spirit and receive clear vision for their lives.  www.mountshastaretreat.net

No comments:

Post a Comment