Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Mount Shasta - My True Love

sacred sites mt shasta


With Valentine’s Day coming up, our thoughts are naturally turning to love.

I met the great love of my life when I was only 24.  She captured my heart at first glance and I’ve been devoted to her ever since.  After many years of living far apart, we’ve been living together the past 9 years.  My true love is more than 14,000 feet tall.  Her name is Mount Shasta.

What Grace it is to look out my window now and see her, so magnificent in her glistening white winter coat.  When I gaze at her, my heart bursts wide open.  

Mount Shasta offers such a clear reflection of the love that I AM.  Through all the changes of seasons, weather, and we humans climbing her slopes, she is constant, always reflecting that Pure Love.  If I am lost in the thoughts rushing through my mind, a single glance at her brings me back into the Present.

In the many years we lived apart, I would faithfully visit as often as possible.  As soon as I arrived, I knew that I was home.  The stresses of the world would fall away and I would remember who I AM once again.

I’m glad that I’m not the jealous type, since my love does not reserve her gifts for me.  She freely shares herself with everyone.  Visitors come from all over, called to come home and bathe in the Pure Love that Mount Shasta is and reflects in each of us.

She’s honored me by having me guide visitors to her most sacred sites, where the love is further amplified.  What a blessing it is to watch people from every corner of the world experience the joy of coming home to that love and remembering it is truly who they are.

If you enjoyed this blog, you can receive future blogs by entering your email under my picture in the right side bar.

Andrew Oser has been offering spiritual life coaching, along with guided retreats on Mount Shasta since 1982.   Through hikes to little-known sacred sites, guided meditations, spiritual life coaching, and time drinking in the silence of the mountain, he helps clients to deeply renew themselves in body, mind, and spirit and receive clear vision for their lives.  www.mountshastaretreat.net

No comments:

Post a Comment